Project Title: Development of methodologies and data analysis tools to support electric car sharing systems design and operation
Duration: 26 months (30/09/2021 – 29/11/2023)
Description: Car sharing systems are an emerging solution aiming to reduce the widespread use of private vehicles and the negative effects that this entails. At the same time, the integration of electric vehicles into the fleet of car sharing systems further limits the negative impact of the transport industry on the environment. The project aims to develop an integrated e-service, that is a mobile application for car sharing users and a dashboard for the operators, for supporting the decision-making process on issues related to the management of these systems. Through the mobile application, the user will be able to unlock and use the car, to use routing services that consider the state of the battery of the vehicle and the location of the charging stations, as well as to receive information about how to have access to points of interest. As far as the dashboard is concerned, besides conventional supervision functions, it will support system’s management. The e-service that will be developed, will be evaluated in real conditions in the car sharing system that AVIS will operate in the island of Corfu.
The project is co‐financed by the European Union and Greek national funds through the Operational Program Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, under the call RESEARCH – CREATE - INNOVATE (project code: Τ2EDK-02391).
Objectives: The objectives of the project are the following:
- Detailed and comprehensive analysis of the needs of users and administrators of car sharing systems, including electric vehicles,
- Identification of the useful and important functional requirements of a technological application (app) and a dashboard for the management of car sharing systems,
- Development of a manual for supporting the decision-making process in design of car sharing systems,
- Development of data analytics tools for the optimal management of electric car sharing systems,
- Development of a technological application (app) that will facilitate the operation of the system and provide users with valuable information,
- Development of a dashboard for the management of car sharing systems (electric and conventional fuels).
HIT key role and responsibilities: Scientific coordinator of the project.
HIT will analyze the literature and recognize in collaboration with the project coordinator the various methodologies proposed for resolving issues regarding the design and management of car sharing systems. In addition, HIT will identify the requirements of the stakeholders (users and administrators), develop the necessary data analytics tools and support the coordinator in the development of the integrated e-service. HIT will develop the manual for supporting the decision-making process in design of car sharing systems and will actively participate in the planning and implementation of the pilot case in the island of Corfu and the continuous dissemination of the project results.
Dr. Georgia Aifantopoulou
+30 2310 498 457
+30 2310 498 265