Project Title: Modify Drivers’ behaviour to Adapt for Lower Emissions
Duration: 36 months (01/09/2019- 31/08/2022)
Description: The vision of MODALES is to substantially reduce air pollution from all types of on-road fleets by encouraging the adoption of low-emission driving behaviour and proper maintenance choice, improving the effectiveness of on-board diagnostics (OBD) devices and technical inspections to detect tampering, promoting retrofits for all vehicles, and developing a lasting dissemination and awareness networking platform to bring more momentum to international cooperation in reduction of transport impact on air quality within the lifetime of MODALES and beyond.
- Understand the nature of driving behaviour with respect to vehicle emissions.
- Correlate driving behaviour variability with real powertrain emissions.
- Correlate driving behaviour variability with emissions from brakes and tyres.
- Propose and validate a real-time driving assistance app for low emission driving (DALED).
- Assess the real effectiveness of on-board diagnostics (OBD) and technical inspections.
- Investigate the legal situation of tampering in Europe.
- Assessment of the potential impact of retrofits.
More info at: http://www.modales.eu/
HIT key role and responsibilities: HIT is WP4 leader of the project.
Dr. Dimitris Margaritis
+30 2310 498 467