Project Title: bEyonD the boRder of electrΙc VEhicles: an advanced inTeractive cOURse
Duration: 36 months (01/01/2020 – 31/12/2022)
Description: E-DRIVETOUR aims to develop an advanced interactive course (ERASMUS+ programme) related to Sustainable Electric Mobility Engineering that will train individuals with the necessary skills & knowledge to work in the electrical automotive industry as well as in the Ultra Lightweight Vehicle (ULV) that comprises e-bikes and e-cargo bikes.
The course is also formulated to stimulate transversal competences such as the increased sense of initiative & entrepreneurship. The course is designed to follow the European Credit Transfer & Accumulation System (ECTS) credit standards for certification recognition across the EU.
The innovative curriculum comprises of interactive teaching methods & partnerships with expert academic & industrial organizations in order to give to the students a solid background for starting a fruitful career in the industry.
Objectives: The E-DRIVE TOUR course focuses on the following objectives:
- Develop an innovative course on Electric Vehicles to complete the market void in technical and maintenance specialists created by the rapid expansion of this industry.
- To address participants from backgrounds with fewer opportunities (immigrants, economically disadvantaged) and foster social integration, enhance intercultural understanding
- Enhance opportunities for cooperation and mobility between partner countries, specifically between South European and North European countries
- Create a course recognised by academia & industry throughout the EU by offering a recognised & comparable course by using the ECTS credit system
- Modernise the educational techniques of higher education institutes by creating interactive learning methods and industrial tools
- Create cost effective reconfigurable tools used across industries and online platform for global access to reduce the learning cost in academia and empower distant learners
- Offer a chance to augment the skills of lifelong learners and maintain them on top of the employment market.
- Increase competence in new languages by interconnecting participants of different ethnic & linguistic background, offering language introductory course and sending them to a foreign industrial exchange experience.
- Create an easily deployable course for use by other EU educators
- Set the foundations for developing a Masters course on Electric Mobility across EU institutions
- Ignite entrepreneurship by using interactive teaching & participation methods that boost innovative thinking and to emerge them to this industry sector
- Equip educators with new tools for conveying knowledge
- Develop & adapt a joint curriculum between participating HEIs, designed on an exhaustive needs analysis and focusing on a “real-life” transnational approach
HIT key role and responsibilities: HIT is a project partner and responsible for creating and teaching three courses.
Dr. Dimitri Margaritis
+30 2310 498 467